Eric G Huffman
I received a B.A in History and a B.A in Classical Studies from the University of Washington. In 1997 I received my Master of Social Work (MSW) and have been licensed as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) since 2003. I am also an approved supervisor for therapists seeking licensure in Washington State. I have received specialized training in Time Effective Therapies and Clinical Theory and Practice. I am a graduate of the Adult Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Program at the Seattle Psychoanalytic Society and Institute. I am also a Certified Trauma Professional.
I have extensive experience providing therapy in the prison system as well as in residential treatment, inpatient and outpatient facilities. I developed and taught a course on Addictions and Mental Illness in Corrections for the University of Washington Tacoma Campus-Department of Social Work. I have also authored two book chapters and a peer reviewed journal article on providing psychotherapy in a prison setting.
State President for the Washington State Society for Clinical Social Work (WSSCSW) for 2015-2016
- American Psychological Association ...visit
- American Psychological Association: Division 39 Psychoanalysis ...visit
- American Psychological Association: Division 56 Trauma ...visit
- Clinical Social Work Association (Newsletter editor since 2012) ...visit
- Washington State Society for Clinical Social Work (Membership Chair 2004-2009) ...visit
- Northwest Alliance for Psychoanalytic Study ...visit
- Seattle Psychoanalytic Society and Institute ...visit
- International Association for Correctional and Forensic Psychology ...visit